Despite vicious attacks on Israel by the media, the U.N. and Islamists, we continue to win!
It’s the season to celebrate—and to keep fighting back.
Won’t you act now to help us tell the truth about Israel in mainstream media? Just go to donate now to contribute.
Dear Friend of FLAME:
It is indeed the best of times and the worst of times for Israel and those of us who support the Jewish state.
As we complete our Chanukah celebrations and Christmas is upon us, we can take pleasure in having won many battles for Israel over the past year. Here are some great reasons you and I—and FLAME—deserve to raise a glass to Israel:
- In November, Ohio State University student leaders rejected a BDS (boycott, divestment and sanctions) resolution for the fifth time by a vote of 33-7—and BDS measures were defeated this year at the University of Illinois, CUNY, Northeastern and UC Santa Barbara.
- Led by U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley, the U.S. exited the anti-Israel U.N. Human Rights Council in June—which FLAME has long demanded. Haley also introduced a resolution condemning Hamas, which received the largest vote ever against Israel’s arch enemy—87 ayes, 57 nays, (though it failed to receive the two-thirds super majority required to pass).
- The Palestinian Authority is more isolated and weaker than ever before—amazingly, many Arab states have opened diplomatic channels with Israel and even the corrupt Palestinian leadership seems dispirited.
- Just this fall, Congress passed a bill granting $38 billion in defense aid to Jewish state—the largest single pledge of military assistance in U.S. history.
- As we count our blessings in 2018, let’s not forget the U.S. recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital—23 long years after Congress first passed the Jerusalem Embassy Act.
L’chaim! We can celebrate these wins, of course, thanks to work by FLAME—and pro-Israel supporters like you and me—nationwide. Our work truly pays off.
Won’t you help multiply this power that FLAME lends to Israel? Won’t you help us keep publishing our hasbarah—PR for Israel—in mainstream media? Please make your year-end donation now.
Above all, we must not forget: We’ve won battles, but not the war. These are also the worst of times for Israel, and the hard edge of history demands that we redouble our efforts to achieve victory:
- Vacation rental agency Airbnb decides to boycott Jewish rentals in Judea and Samaria—we cannot let this act of corporate anti-Semitism go unanswered.
- Based on abject falsehood, BDS initiatives passed this year at major universities—including NYU, Pitzer, University of Oregon and George Washington University.
- The media, especially the New York Times, continue to pound Israel daily with lies and biased analysis
- The U.N. continues almost weekly to pass anti-Israel resolutions—including one just last month denying Israel’s sovereignty over Jerusalem.
- Iran, which still makes murderous threats against Israel, every day moves closer to a nuclear bomb, enabling it to destroy 6.5 million Jews in Eretz Yisrael.
On the one hand we feel joy as we celebrate our victories for Israel and our deepest spiritual beliefs.
On the other hand, as a pro-Israel advocate, it makes me fighting mad at the media, the BDS haters, the U.N. and the Islamists who would decimate the Jewish state.
I also feel deep frustration and fear at how European states, the U.N. and media like the New York Times have responded to Mr. Trump’s Jerusalem declaration—denying Israel’s rights to its own state and sovereignty.
Speaking of the New York Times, I hope you saw FLAME’s outspoken editorial—”Anti-Zionism Is Racism“—in this week’s Sunday Review section of the Times. I also hope you agree that this is a critical topic and a wise investment. (Click on the title to review it online.)
So back to my question: How can you and I channel our anger in a way that makes sense—and makes a difference—during this season of gratitude and good cheer?
I have an answer, and it’s why I’ve dedicated myself to FLAME. As you know, FLAME has spoken out against the lies about Israel, from BDS, the U.N., Iran and the Palestinians for decades.
Won’t you give voice to your love of Israel through a membership donation to FLAME during this year-end giving season?
With your help, FLAME has told the truth about Jerusalem, Jewish history in the Holy Land and the inestimable political and spiritual value of Israel to the United States.
We’ve accomplished so much—and we’ll accomplish more in 2019 with your help. Won’t you please help keep the fire of Jerusalem alive—and enable FLAME to keep doing its good work—by making a membership contribution right now?
In 2018, with help from members like you, we’ve published the following outspoken messages in mainstream media to millions of readers in support of Israel, which I invite you to review by clicking on them:
“BDS, Academic Freedom and Anti-Semitism”
“Israel’s Settlements: Obstacle to Peace?”
“Peace with Palestinian Dictators?”
These messages are powerful PR for Israel, but as I’m sure you can imagine, telling the truth about Israel via such paid editorial messages is costly. Are you ready to join with us?
Here’s the double payoff for making a donation to FLAME at this time:
First, you help tell the truth about Israel in the media—something that’s sorely needed if we’re to maintain vital U.S. financial and political support of the Jewish state.
Second, you can celebrate the season’s holidays with even more joy in your heart, because you have done a mitzvah for Israel—a generous good deed appropriate to the season.
That’s why, if you’re angry about terror attacks in Israel, the United States and worldwide, and if you’ve ever bemoaned Israel’s “bad PR,” I urge you to help FLAME with your financial support at this time. Just go to donate to help now.
Please remember that the overwhelming majority of FLAME’s financial support comes from individuals just like you. One by one, Jews, Christians and unaffiliated alike contribute generously to this noble cause—to help ensure that Israel survives.
So whether you give $1,000 or $500 or $100 . . . or even $50 or $36 or $18—every donation is important—every dollar you contribute helps us keep telling the truth in 2018 about the inspiring Jewish nation.
Best of all, of course, your donation is tax-deductible.
Won’t you act now to start or renew your membership online? Just go to donate now.
Thanks in advance for your year-end generosity and your continued support of FLAME’s good work.
President, Facts and Logic About the Middle East (FLAME)
||We at FLAME usually focus, as we should, on the challenges Israel faces in the world—the unfair treatment the Jewish state receives at the hands of the U.N., continuing rocket, gun, car and knife attacks by Arab terrorists, and the existential threat that confronts Israel from Iran. But what we must not forget is the amazing success story that Israel represents for Jews, for the United States and for civilization itself. It’s inspiring! To clarify, celebrate and publicize the good news about Israel, FLAME published a hasbarah message—”Why Israel Matters“—in media reaching 10 million readers. I hope you’ll review this powerful position paper and pass it on to all your contacts who will benefit from this message. If you agree that FLAME’s bold—but costly—brand of public relations on Israel’s behalf is critical, I urge you to support our publication of such outspoken messages. Please consider giving donation now, as you’re able—with $500, $250, $100, or even $18. (Remember, your donation to FLAME is tax deductible.) To start or renew your membership online, just go to donate now. Now more than ever we need your support to ensure that Israel gets the support it needs—from the U.S. Congress, from President Trump, and from the American people.