By using or downloading any materials from this Site, you agree to these Terms and Conditions. In addition, you agree to the applicable Supplemental Terms by using or downloading materials from that Additional Service.
- Copyrighted Information and Copyright Agent: Please note that the pages on the Site may contain other proprietary notices and copyright information, the terms of which must be observed and followed.
Unless otherwise noted, all information, text, articles, data, images, Documents (as defined below), software or other materials (collectively hereinafter referred to as the “Materials”) contained on any page within this Site are copyrighted by Facts and Logic About the Middle East, Inc. or a third party (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Copyright Holder”). Title to copyright in the Materials will at all times remain with the Copyright Holder. You may only use, download or copy the Materials contained in the Site in accordance with the Terms and Conditions and consistent with applicable laws. Any permitted copies of the Materials must retain the copyright notice, and any other proprietary notices contained in such Materials. Unless otherwise provided in the Terms and Conditions, you may not edit, modify or make use of the Materials without the express, prior written consent of the Facts and Logic About the Middle East, Inc. You may not use any content contained in the Materials in any manner that may give a false or misleading impression or statement as to Facts and Logic About the Middle East, Inc., the Copyright Holder, or any third party referenced in the Materials. Nothing on this Site shall be construed as conferring any license under any Copyright Holder’s intellectual property rights, whether by estoppels, implication or otherwise. You agree to use the Site and the Materials and services and products on the Site or accessible via the Site only for lawful purposes. FLAME MAY REVOKE ANY OF THE FOREGOING RIGHTS, AS WELL AS ANY ACCESS AND USE AUTHORIZATIONS GRANTED TO USERS OF THE SITE AT ANY TIME.
Except as specifically provided in these Terms and Conditions (including any applicable Supplemental Terms), any reproduction, distribution, replication or transmission of any information contained on this Site without the prior written consent of Facts and Logic About the Middle East, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
FLAME respects the rights of all copyright holders and in this regard, it has adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of users who infringe the rights of copyright holders. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide FLAME’s Copyright Agent the following information required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. 512:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyright work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
FLAME’s Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on or regarding this site can be reached as follows:
James Sinkinson, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Notice With Regard to Documents on this Site: Permission to display, copy and/or download any papers, articles or other works of authorship on this Site (the “Documents”) is hereby granted, provided that (a) the copyright notice set forth on the Document and a statement that the Document is being reproduced under permission of the Copyright Holder both appear on such displayed, copied or downloaded Document, (b) use or reproduction of such Documents from this Site is for informational or personal use only, and (c) no modifications of any Documents are made. Any other use of the Documents is expressly prohibited.
- Disclaimers and Limitation on Liability:
(A) DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THE CONTENTS OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE MATERIALS, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” AND Factsandlogic.org MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THIS SITE OR ITS CONTENTS. FLAME DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
(B) DISCLAIMER OF ACCURACY. FLAME DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION ACCESSIBLE VIA THIS SITE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR CURRENT. THIS SITE COULD CONTAIN TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS OR TECHNICAL INACCURACIES. FLAME RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADD TO, CHANGE OR DELETE ITS CONTENT OR ANY PART THEREOF WITHOUT NOTICE. ANY PRICE OR AVAILABILITY INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. ADDITIONALLY, THIS SITE MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THIRD PARTIES, WHICH INCLUDES, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE DOCUMENTS AND SOFTWARE. FLAME MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY REGARDING THE ACCURACY, TRUTH, QUALITY, SUITABILITY OR RELIABILITY OF SUCH INFORMATION. FACTS AND LOGIC ABOUT THE MIDDLE EAST, INC. IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR INACCURACIES CONTAINED IN ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED BY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. (C) LIMITATION ON LIABILITY. NEITHER FLAME NOR ANY OF ITS MEMBERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES WILL BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS SITE OR ANY INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES CONTAINED HEREIN, WHICH INCLUDES, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE MATERIALS, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF. THIS IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INDIRECT, SPECIAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSS OF DATA, INCOME, PROFIT OR GOODWILL, LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY AND CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES.
YOU HAVE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ADEQUATE PROTECTION AND BACKUP OF DATA AND/OR EQUIPMENT USED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE AND WILL NOT MAKE ANY CLAIM AGAINST FLAME FOR LOST DATA, RE-RUN TIME, INACCURATE OUTPUT, WORK DELAYS OR LOST PROFITS RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THE MATERIALS.
(D) LIMITATION ON LIABILITY OF COPYRIGHT HOLDERS. COPYRIGHT HOLDERS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSS OF DATA, INCOME, PROFIT OR GOODWILL OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ANY USE OF THE MATERIALS OR PERFORMANCE OR IMPLEMENTATION OF THE CONTENTS THEREOF.
- Links to Third Party Sites: Any other web sites that are accessible via any link on this Site are not under the control of Facts and Logic About the Middle East, Inc. FLAME is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to the information contained in such sites. FLAME provides the linked sites to you only as a convenience and the inclusions of any such link on the Site does not imply FLAME’s endorsement of the site, the organization operating such site, nor any products or services of that organization. Your linking to any off-site pages or other sites is entirely at your own risk.
- Export Restrictions: You acknowledge and agree that the Materials are subject to the U.S. Export Administration Laws and Regulations. Diversion of such Materials contrary to U.S. law is prohibited. You agree that none of the Materials, nor any direct product therefrom, is being or will be acquired for, shipped, transferred, or re-exported, directly or indirectly, to proscribed or embargoed countries or their nationals, unless authorized by the U.S. Government. Proscribed countries are set forth in the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. You agree to comply strictly with all U.S. export laws and assume sole responsibility for obtaining licenses to export or re-export as may be required.
- References to Products or Services: Information published by Facts and Logic About the Middle East, Inc. on the Site may contain references or cross references to FLAME products or services that are not announced or available in your country. Such references do not imply that FLAME intends to announce such products or services in your country. Please contact Facts and Logic About the Middle East, Inc. for information regarding the products and services that may be available to you.
- User Input: Unless otherwise provided in the Terms and Conditions, any communication, material or feedback with regard to contents on this Site transmitted by a user of this Site via electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, or comments regarding the content of any Document or other information contained on the Site, such information shall be deemed to be non-confidential and Facts and Logic About the Middle East, Inc. shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such information and shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute the information to others without limitation. Further, FLAME shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such information for any purpose whatsoever including, without limitation, publication on the Site, or other FLAME publications, and developing, manufacturing, and marketing products using such information. FLAME shall have no obligation to compensate the contributor of such information in any manner.
- Governing Law: Venue for any Proceedings. Any action, proceeding, dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to this Site or these Terms and Conditions, or any products or services of Facts and Logic About the Middle East, Inc. offered on or accessed via the Site, shall (i) be governed by California State law and controlling U.S. federal law, without application of any choice of law rules and (ii) be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of California located in California County or of the United States District Court of the District of California, and you hereby submit to the jurisdiction of said courts.
- Complete Agreement: Changes to the Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions represent the entire understanding relating to the use of the Site and prevail over any prior or contemporaneous, conflicting or additional, communications. Facts and Logic About the Middle East, Inc. shall have the right to revise and modify the Terms and Conditions at any time by posting the revised Terms and Conditions on the Site. Any use of the Site after such posting shall be deemed to constitute acceptance of the revised Terms and Conditions by the user.
- Trademark” Facts and Logic About the Middle East, Inc.,” “FLAME,” and “factsandlogic.org,” the FLAME logo and other affiliated logos and titles are registered trademarks or service marks of Facts and Logic About the Middle East, Inc. All other products, company names or other marks appearing on this Site are the trademarks of their respective owners. Nothing contained in the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark displayed on the Site without prior written permission of :or other trademark owners.
- Indemnification: You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Facts and Logic About the Middle East, Inc., its officers, directors, employees, members, agents and affiliates from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from your breach of the Terms and Conditions. FLAME shall provide notice to you promptly of any such claim, suit, or proceeding and shall assist you, at your expense, in defending any such claim, suit or proceeding.
- Termination: Facts and Logic About the Middle East, Inc. may terminate this agreement at any time. Upon termination, you agree to cease all use of this Site. Without limiting the foregoing, FLAME shall have the right to immediately terminate your access and use of the Site, or any portion of the Site, in the event of any conduct by you or through your account which FLAME, in its sole discretion, considers to be unacceptable, or in the event of any breach by you of the Terms and Conditions. The provisions of Sections 4, 9, 12 and this Section 13 shall survive any termination of this agreement.
SECURITY AND PRIVACY STATEMENT
Credit Card Transactions
For your protection, we have taken a number of steps to maximize the security of financial transactions that are accepted on the Facts and Logic About the Middle East, Inc. website. Credit Card processing is accomplished using secure processing services. Your entry of credit card information is encrypted when transmitted in secure mode. If you are behind a firewall, the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) feature of your browser and the processing of the credit card may be blocked. In this case, you have the option of credit card processing without SSL by selecting the “Non-Secure” feature on the screen — the choice is up to you.
If for any reason, you still feel uncomfortable submitting your credit card over the Internet, you can mail your credit card form to us.
In certain transactions you are given the option of running in a secure (SSL) mode or unsecured mode. In cases where a firewall is causing a situation that cannot be corrected, the use of the unsecured mode is given. The unsecured mode is used by you at your own risk.
In addition, there are constantly changing restrictions in the use of encryption software and schemes that are used in various countries. The use of appropriate software and encryption options are your responsibility, and Factsandlogic.org assumes no risk or liability in ensuring your compliance to local law.
REGARDLESS OF THE PRECAUTIONS TAKEN BY YOU OR BY FACTS AND LOGIC ABOUT THE MIDDLE EAST, INC., PERFECT SECURITY DOES NOT EXIST ON THE INTERNET. FLAME CANNOT ENSURE OR WARRANT THE SECURITY OF ANY INFORMATION YOU TRANSMIT TO THIS SITE OR FLAME, AND YOU TRANSMIT SUCH INFORMATION AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Information We Collect from You, How We Use the Information and Opt-out Choices
There are a number of areas in the FLAME website where we ask for and collect information about you, including personally identifiable information. Where we do, it is in order to serve you better, or is necessary to accomplish the service you are requesting. Examples include membership information (which may include name, address, email, telephone number and educational and professional experience information), security identifiers, shipping information, and product purchase information stored in online shopping carts.
Information provided to this Site is processed and stored on computers in the United States.
From time to time, to better serve our members and to supplement member dues, the FLAME mailing list, in part or as a whole, may be released to other carefully selected third party organizations to provide you with other information, products and services that could be valuable to you or that we otherwise believe is useful to our members. In addition, the mailing lists may be used in connection with informing you about FLAME services, products, conferences, meetings and events. You may instruct us to not share information about you in the Factsandlogic.org mailing lists with third parties by indicating this preference on your membership application when you join Facts and Logic About the Middle East, Inc., on your renewal form when you renew your membership, or by sending an email to us at email@example.com and including your name and contact information for identification purposes. Your choice to opt-out of third party mailings is effective until the next annual renewal date and you must select the mailing lists opt-out option on your renewal form to keep the opt-out in effect.
Security identifiers are not disclosed to third parties or affiliated persons or entities. Shipping information and product purchase information stored in online shopping carts is not disclosed except in connection with the fulfillment and processing of your orders and requests.
Use of “Cookies”
Links to Third Parties
Facts and Logic About the Middle East, Inc. cooperates with law enforcement inquiries, as well as other third parties, to enforce laws. We can (and you authorize us to) disclose any information about you to law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate, in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us, service or content providers we work with, or you to possible legal liability.