Dear Friend of Israel, dear Friend of FLAME:
I’m writing because I know you are committed from your heart to protecting Israel.
Unlike so many who take the Jewish state for granted, you understand the profound dangers presented by Israel’s enemies.
As you know, Israel can never let its guard down. Neither can we.
For 27 years—with help from lovers of Israel like you—FLAME has been bravely telling the truth about the miracle and righteousness of the Jewish state.
Together we’ve faced down thousands of outright lies and distortions in TV, newspapers, magazines and now social media.
I wish I could tell you the struggle will end soon . . . but I fear it will not. The haters of Israel persist—and so must we.
- Did you see CNN’s outrageous coverage of the recent Gaza riots on Israel’s border? After Israel released photos showing the March of Return militants with Molotov cocktails, rifles and wire cutters, CNN characterized the demonstrators as “mostly unarmed”—making the riots out to be innocent and harmless.
- How about the New York Times and NPR, which persisted in representing the riots as being a “protest against Israel’s blockade of Gaza”—while the terrorist Hamas protest organizers insisted they were to tear down the border fences and “tear out the hearts of Israelis.”
These two outrageous examples just scratch the surface. I’ll give you more disturbing examples in just a minute.
DON’T GIVE UP!—WE PRO-ISRAEL ACTIVISTS ARE WINNING
IMPORTANT BATTLES AGAINST THE BIASED MEDIA
Please take heart: Your efforts and investment in the truth do pay off: Just this past year we achieved significant public relations victories in the U.S. and on the world stage—and for these we can celebrate (however briefly):
- In the last 12 months we won important voting battles against the hateful BDS movement on campus, as well as legislative wins in U.S. localities and abroad.
- Late last year, we helped pass the Taylor Force Act in the U.S. House, which will slash funding for Palestinian Authority salaries to terrorists by hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Also, President Trump moved the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem, Israel’s undisputed capital—and two other nations have already followed. That’s huge!
My friends, be strong: These are major positive developments, especially after recent years of uphill struggle with few rewards.
WE CANNOT REST:
THE VICIOUS REACTION AGAINST ISRAEL HAS BEGUN AGAIN
No sooner had President Trump made his Jerusalem declaration than the U.N. Security Council tried to pass a resolution denying Jerusalem as Israel’s capital—which garnered every vote except that of U.S. Ambassador Nikki Haley, who thankfully vetoed the measure.
As you know, nothing is given to Israel— nor to us, who serve and protect the Jewish state. When we win, it’s only because we are determined and fight hard.
That’s why I hope you’ll continue to stand behind the Jewish state—and FLAME—over the coming year, as the battle against the biased media, the Israel haters, the anti-Semitic U.N., the Palestinians and the Islamic Republic of Iran continues.
Here’s a preview of FLAME’s plan to rise to these challenges over the coming year—a plan I’m hoping with all my heart that you’ll approve of . . . and support generously.
OUR PLAN TO FIGHT ANTI-ISRAEL BIAS IN THE MEDIA
Through a combination of ignorance and maliciousness, many media continue to slander Israel—one of the world’s most inspiring successes and the most enlightened nation in the Middle East.
Worst, of course, is the New York Times, which takes every excuse to malign the Jewish state—from house editorials and op-eds to factual errors and omissions.
To hear the Times tell it, Israel is the evil colonial power, and the Palestinians have zero responsibility for peace.
Just one example: The Times, covering the vile BDS movement, claims it seeks to “boycott, divest from and sanction Israel primarily in protest against its settlement and security practices”—a blatant lie, since BDS openly stands for elimination of the Jewish state. No problem whitewashing anti-Semitic Israel-hate at the Times!
But Newsweek, ABC, Financial Times, Boston Globe, Salon, the Los Angeles Times, The New Republic, the Washington Post, even the Wall Street Journal—these media and many more also recently committed reporting “errors,” attacked Israel editorially or cast her in a bad light.
How FLAME fights back against unfair media: As you know, FLAME is the world’s only organization that publishes editorial-style ads—hasbarah—in media nationwide, telling the truth about Israel . . . and correcting media distortions and lies.
Each of our editorials reaches some 10 million Americans. Click this link to view all our “PR for Israel” messages.
- Our recent hasbarah effort—“U.S. Funds Palestinian Terrorism”—supported passing the Taylor Force Act in Congress, cutting hundreds of millions of dollars we taxpayers send to the Palestinian Authority, stopping payments to terrorists who have killed Americans and Israelis.
- A brand new hasbarah message—“Palestinian Mythology”—slams the lies that Mahmoud Abbas and other Palestinian leaders spew with complete impunity, since mainstream media refuse to call them out and tell the truth about Middle East history and Israel policies.
In 2018: With your help, we will counter media lies about Israel by running new editorials in mainstream media on these topics:
- “Who Is Really Occupying Judea and Samaria?”—Jews are not “occupiers” of the West Bank: The Arabs settled in the Holy Land after the Jews, but now want to ethnically cleanse it. Why?
- “Why Do Palestinians Hate Israel?”—quoting their own words, we offer proof that Arabs oppose Israel . . . because they cannot accept the presence of Jews on “Muslim land.”
OUR PLAN TO OPPOSE THE ANTI-SEMITIC UNITED NATIONS
For decades, Israel has suffered humiliation, back-stabbing and outright Jew-hatred in the U.N.—from the notorious declaration that Zionism is racism to the 2016 Security Council Resolution condemning Israel’s “occupation” of Jerusalem, plus scores more offenses.
How do you feel? We can keep quiet in the face of such despicable anti-Semitism . . . or we can fight back.
I think you know how we at FLAME feel—and I hope you feel the same.
How FLAME fights back against the U.N. The United Nations is dependent on U.S. funding for its existence. Our support should be contingent upon Israel—one of America’s strongest allies and the only democracy in the Middle East—at least receiving a fair deal from the U.N.
Americans must know how disgracefully the U.N. treats Israel, and we must demand justice:
- FLAME’s recent hasbarah editorial—”Exit the U.N. Human Rights Council”—which appeared in dozens of mainstream media nationwide, exposes the UNHRC for attacking Israel at virtually every meeting.
- FLAME’s hard-hitting position paper—”U.N. School for Terrorism”—reveals the hateful jihadi lessons Palestinian children are taught in U.N.-sponsored (and U.S.-funded) schools.
You can see all Flame’s messages at “PR for Israel”
This coming year: Please support us financially to ensure we can continue to run bold editorials like these in mainstream media:
- “Shut Down UNRWA”: This 60-year-old U.N. body exists only to dole out welfare to 5 million descendants of Palestinian refugees—it’s corrupt and overfunded (by the U.S.)
OUR PLAN TO DEMAND CONGRESS GET TOUGHER ON IRAN
FLAME recently created our latest hasbarah message exhorting Congress and the President to become bolder in opposing Iran’s nuclear build-up and belligerent threats to its neighbors—including Israel—as well as to U.S. interests in the Persian Gulf and the Middle East.
- This recent position paper is called “We Must Stop Iran Now.” This piece has been running in dozens of mainstream media starting earlier this year. I’ve included it in this mailing, for your review.
- FLAME’s upcoming hasbarah effort—“Why Does the European Union Support Iran?”—exposes the greed of European nations in valuing commerce with Iran over safety from the Islamic Republic’s jihadist aggression. I hope you’ll support its publication.
HOW FLAME FIGHTS BDS AND ANTI-SEMITISM ON U.S. COLLEGE CAMPUSES
For more than 10 years FLAME has long fought the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement on campuses through our editorial messages published in dozens of American colleges and universities.
- Our editorial—“BDS, Academic Freedom and Anti-Semitism”—reveals the true purpose of BDS, which has nothing to do with Palestinian freedom, but rather stands for Israel’s destruction.
With your help, our upcoming hasbarah effort will continue to challenge the lies about Israel told by anti-Semitic academics, who attempt to influence millions of U.S. college students:
- “Professors Slam the Most Progressive Nation in the Middle East—Why?” Enough Israel hate on college campuses! FLAME tells the truth about Israel’s civil liberties and humane values.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO SUPPORT ISRAEL TODAY?
PLEASE STEP FORWARD AND BECOME A MEMBER OF FLAME
So many people say they love and support Israel, but they simply don’t know how to get involved. They don’t have time or they don’t have thousands of dollars to give. Save
I understand completely. But here’s the thing: You don’t have to donate hours of time, and you don’t have to donate $500 or $100. You don’t even have to donate $50 or $25.
You see, FLAME is supported by tens of thousands of members. We have strength in numbers.
More than 30,000 donors—people just like you, many with very modest donations, many on fixed incomes—help ensure our good work.
Won’t you please exercise your power today as someone who recognizes Israel’s importance to the United States and to the Jewish people?
BECOME A MEMBER TODAY AND RECEIVE
FLAME’S SPECIAL REPORT ON JERUSALEM—FREE!
I want to give you an unusual opportunity: No matter how much or how little you donate to FLAME before August 31, 2018, we will send you our special report on “Jerusalem: Why It Must Remain the Undivided Capital of Israel”—absolutely FREE.
That’s correct. If you start or renew your membership right now—you will help defend Israel in mainstream media—and at the same time you’ll join FLAME’s tens of thousands of passionate lovers of Israel.
But even better, with your membership before August 31, 2018 you’ll also receive our free report detailing thousands of years of Jewish heritage in Jerusalem, as well as Jerusalem’s role in the Bible and Israel’s legal rights under international law to Jerusalem as its capital.
PLEASE TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO STAND PROUDLY WITH ISRAEL—
AND TO STAND UP FOR THE TRUTH
I hope you agree that FLAME’s editorial hasbarah messages, which appear monthly in media reaching more than ten million readers—including college students—must continue educating Americans about these and other issues, such as the anti-Semitic BDS movement on campus.
I hope you also agree that these editorials spread the truth about Israel—a truth we can’t depend on mainstream media to tell.
Finally, I hope you agree that Israel needs this kind of public relations—someone like FLAME to tell the inspiring story about the Jewish state—its virtues, values and accomplishments . . . and its strategic importance for our own country.
Who supports FLAME? Our media efforts are made possible by more than 30,000 passionate individual donors who love Israel and everything it stands for. They are people who strongly believe Israel deserves a fair shake in the media.
Thousands of our supporters are of the Christian faith, and we of course welcome their devotion and generosity.
Please be assured that FLAME is an educational non-profit organization and extraordinarily thrifty with the funds that you and other supporters contribute to us.
We work out of Spartan offices, much of our work is contributed pro bono and our part-time office-staff payroll is tiny.
By keeping expenses low, we’re able to publish our monthly messages in major national magazines and metropolitan and small-town newspapers all across the U.S.
We also send our messages, with convincing cover letters, to all U.S. Senators and Representatives, the President, Vice President, Secretary of State and all Justices of the Supreme Court.
Finally, we place our messages in campus newspapers at dozens of colleges and universities. As you know, many campuses are hotbeds of anti-Israel and anti-Semitic militants promoting the odious BDS movement.
We want to make sure that leaders of tomorrow’s generation are informed about the truth of Israel’s just cause.
Won’t you step forward and join us in telling the truth about Israel?
When you start or renew as a member of FLAME, you join tens of thousands of ardent Zionists who realize how precious Israel is to the Jewish people—and the world.
Let me leave you with one thought: The American people must know the truth about these issues now. No more lies. Yet the only thing limiting international persecution of Israel is the United States.
When you become a member of FLAME, you help us continue telling Israel’s righteous and powerful story to influential people all over the U.S.—including college students—and to all members of the U.S. Congress.
I hope you agree that FLAME’s mission is critical and deserving of your generous support. Please continue your tax-deductible membership now—before August 31—and receive our special report on “Jerusalem, the Undivided Capital of Israel” at no charge.
Thank you very much, shalom and sincerely yours,
James Sinkinson, President
P.S.1: Please consider leaving a bequest to FLAME in your will. Your generosity allows us to sustain and expand our voice in more mainstream media, and it secures our ability to support Israel for many decades to come.
P.S.2: If you would like to stay abreast of FLAME’s outspoken positions on vital issues related to Israel—so you can become a smarter advocate for Israel—I encourage you to subscribe to our free weekly FLAME Hotline e-newsletter.
P.S.3: Don’t forget: When you start your membership (or renew)—at any donation level— you receive free, by PDF, our new special report on “Jerusalem: Why It Must Remain the Undivided Capital of Israel.” Jerusalem, the City of Gold, is the eternal symbol of and inspiration to Zionists—this report will help you explain to friends, relatives and colleagues why Israel must never give up sovereignty over this holiest of holy places.